Achieve Measurable Results
Read how IZL helped the following organizations achieve measurable results.
A large grocery retail store achieved 18% in savings on their emergency room healthcare spend.
Like many companies, this employer’s healthcare costs are significant. After years of escalating health care expenses and low participation levels for employee wellness initiatives, the company was ready to try something different. Among other things, an in-depth analysis of the data revealed higher than expected Emergency Room utilization, and lower than anticipated participation in wellness initiative programs. Analytics also revealed health disparities among racial minorities.
A partnership was formed with the retailer to further explore the root of problem and to better comprehend approaches that could work for the organization. The solutions included programmatic and marketing initiatives including:
- Education of all employees on the impact of overuse of the ER and providing them with alternative sites of care
- Modification of company policies to incent utilization of sites other than the emergency room
- Implementation of communication campaigns and workshops in multiple languages
- Development of culturally relevant communications for wellness programs
- Effective partnership with Employee Resource Groups to implement the plan.
Results: Savings of 18% in emergency room healthcare spend within a one-year period.*
- Significant decline in Emergency Room utilization
- Increased utilization of non-emergency room care
- Increased employee engagement in wellness programs
* These are self-reported results.
Major health insurer increased participant engagement and received satisfaction scores of 93%.
With changing demographics, new entrants to the healthcare marketplace and increased competition, Blue Cross Blue Shield (BCBSMA) sought a strategic, culturally competent approach to engaging its members. The company also sought to attract new entrants to the healthcare marketplace.
Through the creation of the Multicultural Ambassadors program, BCBSMA developed a program that leveraged the skill sets of its employees and supplemented it with a training curricula. Simultaneously, the company worked with external strategic partners to develop and implement market-leading initiatives and programs.
Results: Participant engagement and satisfaction scores of 93%
- Over 90%+ sustained participant engagement over a five-year period
- Greater than 90%+ participant satisfaction
- National best-practice designation from Diversity Inc.